Monday, July 16, 2007

Revolving Display Decor

You can probably tell that I've been in a bit of a decorating mood lately. Well, yesterday I was struck with the desire to change my revolving upper cabinet display. I do this from time to time because it's the first thing you see when you walk into the house, and I think it is nice to be greeted by an attractive vignette.
Possibly, I got this obsession of mine from Feng Shui, in which you are supposed to have a nice piece of art work in your line of site upon entrance to a room. Now, I may as well start hanging crystals from the doorways to promote good chi!

In all seriousness though, the house does seem to feel much better now than before when, in my opinion, the cabinet display was a bit untidy.
Here is a fuzzy photo (I really need a tripod) of the front door corner of the house, which is a mostly unused entrance. I've been trying to figure out what to do with this nook for a while now. Eventually, I may turn it into a bar ware and liquor storage area. Don't get me wrong, I really don't drink enough for this to be a necessary addition. I just think it would be nice for entertaining purposes.

If you are wondering, I painted the art work in this photo, and drew the framed piece atop the cabinets in the previous pictures. The huge Starbucks mug is not meant for consumption, and I do play the djimbe drum once in a while. No, it's not a bongo, but I'm not entirely sure that I spelled "djimbe" correctly either.

2 comments:

BellaColle said...

Your display looks classy way up there! I have that idea with a wreath on my door... you walk in our mudroom then look up to the kitchen door, it's always nice to have some sort of seasonal display there... I've used pheasant feather in fall... cranberries in winter...etc. It's alway nice to breath new life in our 'nests'!

Anonymous said...

Hi - Noticed you have a large Starbucks mug. Are you interested in selling? Thanks, ken@kengina.com