Monday, July 23, 2007

Redecorating and the Baby

My honey on the couch reading the new Harry Potter book. Can't wait to get my hands on that book!
As you may know, Trey and I put in an offer on a duplex in our area. Well, the sellers counter offered, but based on the numbers and other factors, we decided to pass. At the end of our tense week, Trey and I felt like we needed a change around here. So, what did we do? We decorated together!

I know! You are probably just as shocked as I am. Last weekend, when I changed the upper cabinet vignette, he huffed and hawed when I asked him for help. This weekend, he actually took the initiative to move the seating arrangement in the living room. It was his idea. Though, I guess moving furniture is more manly than arranging trinkets. We later added this rug to the area to anchor it in the large, open concept living room.
Next, we finally got around to unpacking a set of dishes that we got as a wedding gift two years ago. This required us to wash, and pack away all of the white, bistro style dishes we've been using, another wedding gift. The "new" set is such a nice change. The colors are caramel and chocolate, perfect for a warm, cozy look. It seems that I'm already anxiously wishing for fall, my favorite time of year.
Finally, you see this cute little Lulu baby? Well, I love her to death, but she is just a little piggy! This morning, she danced, and jumped, and spinned around excitedly in expectation of her morning meal. I set her food and a large bowl of water down. Happily, she inhaled the whole bowl of water, and then began to gobble her food. Twenty minutes later, when I got up from the couch to answer the phone, I discovered that she'd left me some nice and quite unexpected presents. I found not one, not two, but four puddles of Lulu vomit on the floor. She even left me a little spot on the rug! Ack! Disgusting. What will I ever do with you Lulu?


3 comments:

BellaColle said...

Hey!
You have a lovely home. sorry about the duplex! Not to worry, there is a house just waiting for you. I know you'll decorate fabulously!!
Oh, your Lulu is cute! How could you stay mad at a face like that?!lol!! Yes, doggy presant aren't fun. I'm about ready to sell mine right now!! ohhh sassy girl.
Cheers!

Artifax said...

Hope you were able to destress from your tense week. The perfect property is out there just waiting for you!

Love the colors on your new dishware and Lulu is such a cutie! I didn't know you had a puppy - what a little angel!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Your place looks fabulous!

And I love Lulu! :) She's so sweet! We have a Boston too named Stitch.