Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Studio: The Other Side


For some reason, I got the urge to rearrange my studio the other day. I didn't know I even had that much energy to spare, but suddenly I was moving heavy furniture, sweeping, and clutter busting like a woman hopped up on too much caffeine. This is a view of the other side of the room, which I've never shown until now. I love to sit on the daybed and look out of the big arch window at the massive old pecan trees, the magnolia, and the sky.


Eventually, I think I'll outfit the daybed with large backing pillows, and bolster pillows for the sides, making it more of a sofa than a bed. This bookshelf, above, is a 3 tiered vintage oak piece that my mom and I searched for when I was a child. It's exactly what I had wanted, and we were so thrilled to find it at a large flea market in Shreveport, La. I love the memory of that day when I discovered rock candy and antiques. I swear that I could literally feel the energy of each old item we brought home that day.

1 comment:

BellaColle said...

Nice lamp... nothing like rearranging thing to get a little inspiration! Cheers!