Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Decorated Budoir


A search for Indian home decor led me to this image. How glamorous would you feel to have opal beaded hangers for all of the clothing in your closet? Quite glamorous, I imagine.


Today, I was inspired by a textile design book with luscious colors evoking thoughts of Indian fabrics and decor. I have long been a fan of these things, but in the recent past was overtaken by more subtle pallets like the home decor of Sarah Richardson (previous post).


Can't you see this metal bust being heavily adorned with beaded baubles? It's decorative and functional. That's what I'd have to tell Trey to get it in the door.

A trip to World Market this afternoon whet my appetite for a return to my love of color and ornate patterns. I'm interested in trying to find a way to infuse my subtle decor with more vibrant ornamentation because the truth is, I'm quite ready for a change.

This romantic metal sconce would look so lovely when throwing a dancing soft light upon a wardrobe full of opal hangers, but then again, candle light can make anything romantic.

Here,we have Indian embroidered and sequined Sari fabric. I don't know what I'd do with one of these other than just stare at it from time to time. Maybe it'd be useful as a decorative throw on a less than attractive hand-me-down chair, one of which I don't own. Oh well, I guess I'll just stare.

1 comment:

BellaColle said...

Those hangers would make any tee shirt look special! neat finds!! you have really good taste!