Thursday, June 14, 2007

New Rings, Oh My!


Unfortunately for my savings account, today's work at the day job was far less than profitable for me. As it turns out, I was completely seduced by a ring that has been sitting in the "Special Box" for months. The Special Box, for your information, is where we keep all of the fine jewelry worth eagerly snatching up from people who come in to sell their pre-loved jewelry. The goods are refurbished and are then subsequently released to find new and caring owners.


See, this is my first and relatively new wedding set. I have loved it very much. Trey is a little heart broken that I actually bought a new set. Like I said, it is not a replacement, Dear. It is just another flavor, if you will. I had to explain that even a wedding ring, though a symbol of our love and commitment to one another, can be a fashion accessory. I just needed another one, kind of like I need all 24 pairs of my shoes, and all 15 of my purses. You get it girls, don't you?


You see, this set is absolutely a personal statement, these new rings. They are a lovely pairing of classic meets modern. The "engagement ring" is tried and true vintage. Someones Grandma must have really cherished it. The brand new band has a contemporary flavor with its seemingly scattered bezel set diamonds. I got a great deal. Wink, wink! Ah, am I in a great business or what?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I understand... :) The ring is gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.