Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Decorating and Pretty Pictures


This morning, I watched a bit of t.v., a rare thing on a morning off from work. I happened to catch the last 15 minutes of a program that was my absolute favorite decorating show at one time. It's called Room Service, and the designer is Sarah Richardson. Her palates are very serene, and the show exudes simplicity, beauty, and restfulness.

These are all photos of rooms she has done on different episodes of Room Service. If you go to her website, you will see so many more simple, yet luxurious rooms. ( For those of you who may be looking for home decorating ideas, it's a great place to get inspired.) The photo above is a little cottage on the lot off the side of the owner's home. It makes me dream about the cottage that my mom and I have been wanting to build in the yard between our two houses.


If only my little shotgun home in New Orleans would have been as stylish as this (above)! Well, the architecture in the place was great, but how I wish Sarah Richardson could have injected some of her magical style into the decor. The city was magic, though, so I can't really complain.


Next, I added this image because, first of all, I love claw foot tubs. Also, this room seems to bring to mind a lavish past where the inhabitant was a lady of privilege. Check out the chandelier! How many people do you know who have a chandelier in their bath room? When we were building our home, I tried to convince Trey that it was absolutely necessary to have one in our master bath, but he thought it was ridiculous. Oh, but I can dream.


Lastly, I added this photo because I don't think it really needs much of an explanation. It really speaks for itself. It says, "Come hither. I am the boudoir."

2 comments:

BellaColle said...

WoW I'm gonna have to visit her website! What are those white things hanging from the ceiling? I know exactly what you mean!!! every bath needs a chandalier! make that every room...love them. too bad in my bath we probably would hit our heads, it's tiny!:(
Thanks for sharing! Happy WEd.

Marcia said...

so pristine but I can't believe anybody really lives in those rooms. Maybe I'm just too much of a slob....I can never keep anything tidy for long with my puppy running in and out.