Saturday, May 26, 2007

Studio Friday: May Studio Treat!

MAY'S STUDIO TREAT!
Treat yourself to something your heart desires, maybe some chocolate or flowers or new art supplies... a nice little something (no spending of a fortune involved). Celebrate yourself !!



I am a day late for Studio Friday, and my husband is now a dollar short because he bought me an iPod yesterday! It's an early birthday gift. A little bundle of joy that I've affectionately named Eggbert. Eggbert the iPod. The features on this thing are enough to keep slow times at the day job fun. It has the capacity to hold full length movies, t.v. shows, and thousands of photos, as well as 7,500 songs that I can download straight from the net without ever having to go to the store.

Of course I'm excited about all of those features, but what I'm really pumped about is the photo capacity and quality. Now, I can keep a virtual portfolio of my jewelry designs everywhere I go. I can chat with the girl standing in line behind me at the Hobby Lobby, which has notoriously long lines, and show her what I do. Hand her a business card, and really get her excited about checking out my website. Hopefully, that is. So, there it is. I am so overindulged.

10 comments:

Marcia said...

don't forget to put some music on your iPod!

ooh, that's a treat. I have an old pre-photo iPod but I love it. Very creative marketing idea to carry your portfolio with you. Enjoy!

BellaColle said...

Hey! happy early birthday!
I just recieved a "suffle ipod" for mothers day... I just love that I can take it to my work table and listen to my favorite songs without end..What a neat gift you have!! enjoy!

Anonymous said...

yum I am jealous!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! One really nice thing!

Anonymous said...

Gotta get me one of those iPods. Actually, gotta get me one of those husbands, as well. :)

Seriously, I love the iPod photos, they're great and that does sound like a fab marketing plan. I'm planning to soon do it the low-tech way -- have some of my paintings printed on t-shirts to wear out and about -- but I think I like your take better.

Anonymous said...

Dude! That is SUCH a cool treat! I want...no scratch that...NEED an iPod too! :-)

A Punkin Card Company said...

Hi Monica!!
How was the party? I am freakin tan and ready to get back to work... NOT!
So how is everything?

Jana said...

Oooo, and if you use it to market your product you can write off the cost of purchasing this nifty "tool"! Have fun with this "toy" :)

Artifax said...

What a great treat! And I love the marketing idea of using it for your jewelry pictures. Enjoy!

Monica Yvette said...

Wow, I didn't expect all the iPod love! Thanks for the comments everyone.