Wednesday, May 30, 2007

In My Closet of Old

Here is a look into the closet of my past. I think it's much more interesting than my current status quot "adult" wardrobe. Some of you will probably wonder if I actually wore this stuff. Yes, I did. Very proudly. One of my recent posts "Adolescence" inspired me to do this one.

The dress above is one that I got in a store in Soho, in NYC, when I was 16. It only cost $10 bucks, which is an amazing bargain if you've ever been shopping in the Soho! If I would've met my husband in the days when I wore this dress, black knee high boots and fishnets required, I believe he would have instantly fallen for me. (Shh! He still reads comic books.)

This wrinkled and stained little number was once a lot cleaner looking. Don't know how or when the stains happened. I got it in New Orleans, when I lived there, at my favorite thrift store on Magazine St. called The Fuzzy Monkey. Man, I have some great memories of the times I wore this dress. Concerts, parties, that time I had too much to drink at the Flogging Molly show and got sick all over Toulouse St. Um, yeah, I digress.


Lastly, but not least, is my patchwork hippie skirt. This thing was made with lots of love. It's in the details. I got it in Ruston, LA. when I was going to the university there, La Tech. There was this little hole in the wall thrift store off the main drag, Trenton St. Don't remember what it was called, but the little old lady there was so nice. My boyfriend at the time, Gary, and I helped her to clean her store for free. She just had a lot on her plate, and we liked her so much. I wonder what happened to her.

Disclaimer: The clothing you have just seen look a whole lot better when worn by the little, short artist girl who owns them. That mannequin is just too darn perfect!

1 comment:

BellaColle said...

I really like the Hippie skirt! I'm into original clothes...love it.