Monday, May 21, 2007

Adolescense


Here we go again. More colorful photos from my Flickr favorites. The theme here is "Adolescence". These are some things that remind me of what it was like to be a kid. Some of them are pretty self explanatory. Like most girls, I'm sure, I talked on the phone a lot. It's funny because these days, I really don't like talking on the phone unless it's for a definite purpose.

While I never ate cupcakes this pretty, I certainly did enjoy a Little Debbie cake every day after school while I watched shows like Animaniacs and Saved By The Bell. Come on, don't hate, you know you watched those shows too.

Speaking of S.B.T.B., I was friends with a girl named Tess when I lived in Baton Rouge who claimed to know every detail about every episode that ever aired. It turns out that Dustin Diamond, the guy who played Screech, came to B.R. for some publicity thing, and we got to meet him. Tess challenged him to quiz her on any episode he wanted, and if I remember clearly, she never gave a wrong answer.


Anyways, I digress. This flower is just very pretty, and I had to add it because I like the colors. When I was a kid, I didn't really care for flowers because they brought bees to my door, and I was deathly afraid of bees. Okay, who am I kidding? I still whimper a little if one gets too close.

Now, this photo looks like it could've been taken by me circa age 13, but it wasn't. It was taken recently by some kid who lives in the U.K.. See, back then, when I was a kid, I had it in my head that I did not want to look like everyone else. I would wear the most outlandish getups; stripes with polka-dots, bright patterned stockings, big strange hats, and so on. Most of the clothes in my closet cost $15.00 or less because I was convinced that the best clothes in town came from Goodwill. My dad thought I was one strange bird. He would offer to take me shopping at the finest stores in the mall, and I'd say, "Nah, let's go to Goodwill!" My, how times have changed. Well, we all have to grow up...don't we?

2 comments:

BellaColle said...

AHHH youth... well, those cupcakes look too pretty to eat! And I still love Goodwill!!! All things vintage I dig... Have a great Monday!

Heather said...

Sounds like me as a kid. I can't tell you how many times I heard my mother say "You aren't going anywhere dressed like that, you don't even match!" I love mismatching colors and wearing weird hats.