Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tales From the Toilet

Yesterday was bath room cleaning day. Joy! My favorite day of the week. Since I am kind of particular when it comes to aesthetics, I only buy Ivory soap because it's well, ...white and it floats too! That's actually part of their gimmick. "The soap that floats." Anyway...

Late last week, the hubby and I went to Target to pick up some things including a massive package of soap. This meant, of course, that I was going to have to individually unwrap 16 bars. Usually, this is not particularly enjoyable, but this time I noticed that the wrappers were like little fortune cookies, or even like little Mr. Miyagi's dispensing wisdom and truth.

Each and every bar shared a new philosophy. I was intrigued, so I thought I'd take the time to share. I also kind of wished that I had opened them all individually, as needed, instead of getting all of my life lessons in one pop. Here, my friends, are squeaky clean lessons straight from the soap wrapper:
*Happiness is not a destination, it is a journey, pure and simple.
*Making the simple complicated is easy; making the complicated simple is brilliance.
*If you want to be free, learn to live simply.

1 comment:

BellaColle said...

OOOh, what wisdom! Oh wise one...lol. who would have thought all that could be found in a soap wrapper! I haven't used Ivory in years since I started making my own...My, how times have changed! Always loved the lovely white bar though. Might just have to buy a bar to see if I can find a nugget of wisdom too! LOL!