Monday, June 18, 2007

Big Bird and Tall Tales

I was just reading My Bella Colle's blog and thought the Sesame Street Quiz was hilarious. Since I quite enjoy doing silly things for fun, I thought I'd take the quiz. So, here are the results.

You Are Big Bird

Talented, smart, and friendly... you're also one of the sanest people around.

You are usually feeling: Happy. From riding a unicycle to writing poetry, you have plenty of hobbies to keep you busy.

You are famous for: Being a friend to everyone. Even the grumpiest person gets along with you.

How you live your life: Joyfully. "Super. Duper. Flooper."
The Sesame Street Personality Quiz

Wow! These quizzes are pretty accurate.
You know what's funny about this? When my mom was a kid, she had a school assignment to write a short story for underprivileged children who didn't have books to read. Everyone's stories were mailed off all over the country.
My mom's story was about this giant yellow bird that was a friend to all children. This was long before Sesame Street, mind you. Then, when I was a child singing along to "...tell me how to, how to get..." my mom was shocked to see the Big Bird character. She's still quite suspicious that some big shot read her story and stole her character idea.
Kind of ironic, right?

2 comments:

Artifax said...

Hi! -- What a fun little quiz! And what an interesting story about your Mom, the true inventor of Big Bird :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the birthday wishes! The restuarante was just too cool - I could eat there every night :)

I like the images you are collecting to redo your space! Indian textiles are so rich and lively. And I think those beaded coat hangers would be great fun to design and make!

BellaColle said...

Ohhhwah! Big Birds the best....!!That is sooo coool your 'The Big Bird!'
He is actually my favorite. Figures I'd wind up being the one I always thought was most annoying growing up!LOL!!!
Now I know where you get your creative genius from!(your MOM) ;P
Cheers!