Sunday, June 24, 2007

Hotel Chic

Okay, here we go again with my Sarah Richardson design obsession. This time, the images are from her other show, Design Inc. Just like her other web site, you can scroll through photos of every room she's done so far for the t.v. series.

I really like the colors in the above room. They are so fun and vibrant, especially with all of the patterned fabric and accessories dotted here and there. It almost feels like a Pier 1 ad, but somehow way cooler.


For some time now, I've been a huge fan of hotel style design, and I think these next two photos capture that ambiance perfectly. They are simple, and chic. I would just love to have this black and white room transplanted into my home. I usually don't like the idea of copying a designer room because I think it's too impersonal, but for a look like this, I can make an exception.

Finally, this last room is so yummy and girly to me. I seem to gravitate toward color combos of pink and chocolate brown. Originally, I wanted to use this color pairing as my YD brand image logo, but decided against it after all because I thought the pink would put some ladies off. I believe that a lot of women see pink as a symbol of weakness, and in this womens' lib day and age, pink has been relegated to a color just for little girls. It's a shame, really.

No comments: